Pages

Monday 21 March 2016

Leo Ballad Poem


The war

The Germans came to attack
They came in separate packs
They had succes
Infiltrating Infiltrating
And it was all over the press

It's been a year since we were under control
The guards were on non-stop patrol
His last day of school
Battle Battle
And the Germans were so cruel

He went to jail
But eventually got bail
He needs to stay out of the way
Trouble Trouble
Because it might be his last day

There were many different groups
To get rid of the troops
They got an agent to land
Secret secret
To help their group expand

Some German troops were killed
There was blood to be spilled
Some people were shot
Punishment Punishment
It was right on the spot
         

9 comments:

  1. Hi Leo your poem makes heaps of sense and is very specific on what is happening in the poem. I wish to know how did you get the idea for the poem?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi saphron thank you for the feedback I really appreciate it.I got this idea from a book that I was reading,it was about this boy living in France when the Germans invaded in WW2

      Delete
  2. Hi Leo, what I liked about the this is that you told us what a ballad poem by putting the words in twice. That is called a repetition. My favorite things to do in a recount is to jump straight in the story, what is yours?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Thomas thank you for the feedback.My favorite thing to do in a recount is getting all my ideas down and write off that.

      Delete

  3. Kia ora Leo I like the bit where you say secret secret,what was your favorite bit of writing ballad poems? And one more question why do you repeat words?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Leo I like the good words in your poem. It would be good If you change the font In your poem and I like that you made me laugh and make s that you have capital letters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Leo,I like your poem and thought it was very creative and is way better than any poem I could ever write.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there, I really enjoyed the poem. It is really creative, the grammar is ok and there's nothing really wrong with it. Good luck in writing more fabulous poems!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Leo, I thought your poem was great and so was the rhyming. I don't think there was anything wrong with it. I hope you write some more great poems

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.